Vitrium’s video DRM allows you to protect a wide range of video file formats with 256-bit AES encryption and enables you to control viewer access with advanced DRM policies.
Vitrum supports MP4, MOV, WMV, FLV, AVI, and MKV video formats. Same as documents and images, with Vitrium’s Digital Rights Management you are able to apply dynamic watermarks, expiration controls, open limits, IP address and country restrictions.
NOTE: Video DRM is available only on video subscription accounts. If you wish to add it to your current subscription, please contact your account manager or email email@example.com.
Steps to protect a video file:
- Add a video settings
Go to Settings> Content Settings
Click on “Add Settings” button
Choose Video Settings
- Fill the required fields.
Name: Enter a name for your Video Content Setting (For instance License for Video)
Protected as: Below are two options you can choose from:
- Full DRM – This is the default option and will provide you the fullest extent of DRMfor your content including the ability to control settings at the user level (user authentication, password-control, expiry date control, device limit control, and so on)
- Social DRM – This option removes all user DRM controls and there is no login or authentication mechanism required for accessing content but it will still allow you to retain control over your content such as applying watermarks to your videos. All the analytics are available for videos protected with social DRM except the username and group name.
Case sensitive password: This option allows you to force login credentials to be case-sensitive
Select Watermark: Select from existing Dynamic or Text watermarks from the drop-down list or create a new one by clicking on + button. You can add multiple watermarks by clicking on ‘Add Watermark’. To learn more about Watermarks and how to create them, visit Watermark Settings
Click Save & Exit
Dynamic and Text Watermarks are also available for Vitrium’s protected videos
- DRM Policy Settings:
Adding a DRM policy for a video content is the same as other document and image files with only 2 exceptions: Vitrium’s protected videos are streamed with a secure HTML5 video player and doesn’t allow end user to download it and view it offline. Thus Offline Access and Web Browser Print Limit are not available for video content.
Offline Access and Web Browser Print Limit DRM Policies are not available for video files
- Upload content:
Go to Content tab > click on Add content
- Click the button and the “Add Content” box appears
- Upload Content: you can upload content (as a single file or multiple files) via two methods:
- Click BROWSE and select your file(s) from your computer or a network
- Drag and drop your files from anywhere onto this screen
Content Settings: Choose the Video Content Setting that you have set up for videos.
After selecting the content setting, you will be able to see the if it has watermark or not
Advance Options tab:
- Content Name:you can enter a different file name if you wish to change it from the original
- Upload Thumbnail:you can add a thumbnail image as the preview image in the video player.
- External Key:It allows you to store your own ID for your own content management system.
- Notify User When New Version is Available:the default is always checked so end users will always be notified when there is a new version (or even an update made) to the original file that was uploaded
This is where you assign USERS or GROUPS to have access to your secured content:
- Add Users or Groups:check the box beside any of the users or groups you wish to assign permissions to this file; the selected users and/or groups will appear in the right-hand side. If you haven’t already set up any Users or Groups, you can always come back to add the Permissions later
- DRM Policy:you may select a DRM Policy from the drop-down menu if you wish to apply one at this level (see the DRM Policy section for more details about other places you can apply a DRM policy)
5. Analytics and video engagement reports
We provide number of analytics and reports for videos some are as follows:
To learn more visit Dashboard & Reports.
View-Rate by Content and View-Rate by User reports are only available for video content
Distributing protected videos
Videos uploaded to Vitrium are encrypted, secured and stored in a secure cloud server which delivers a fast video playback experience. Protected videos are accessible via a web link which can be shared by email or embedded on your website. You can also leverage Vitrium’s Client Portal or Vitrium’s Enterprise integration with your current system.
Share web link
Click the web link button and, once it opens in a web browser, copy the URL address,
Right-click on the link and select “Copy Link Location” and then paste the URL link in an email, your website, or any other method of distribution you are using.
Click on Embed code, copy the URL address and paste it in your website HTML codes.
If you have already set up user portal, videos are automatically added to your portal and authorized users will find them once they logged in. Learn more about Vitrium’s User portal.
With a Vitrium Security Enterprise trial account, you can access Vitrium’s RESTful APIs via the Help tab. The explanations for which APIs or methods to use, as well as how to get started are outlined in the API Guides that are provided to you via a secure web portal.
It is strongly recommended you review the API Guides before attempting to use the APIs. You may also reach out to your Vitrium sales representative to schedule a technical review.