IMPORTANT NOTE: Only Professional and Enterprise Edition accounts will have access to the User Portal feature and will see Portal Settings in their
Vitrium’s User Portal allows you to distribute your protected content to users in a central, secure web portal. The user can log into one place and access all their content, including any protected documents, images or videos that you have assigned to that particular user. The portal can be customized with your logo and branding colors.
Setting up the User Portal
Go to Settings > Portal Settings, then click the ‘Enabled’ checkbox.
Once you checked the 'Enabled', the portal fields will appear below.
Active Portal Alias
This is the URL that your users will log into to access all the protected content they have access to. You can customize the URL in the next field: Requested Portal Alias. Until your portal alias is approved (see next field below), you will see a temporary portal alias after you click Save Settings.
Requested Portal Alias
This is the personalized name you can add to the end of the portal alias that the Vitrium application will create for you. The URL will look like this:
We recommend you enter a company name or something unique to your organization. If you enter something generic like “test”, the name will be rejected.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your Portal Alias will be activated once Vitrium approves the name and you receive the approval email. Until then, the system will issue you a temporary URL.
Steps to Setup your Portal Alias:
- Enter your personalized name in Requested Portal Alias field which will appear at the end of URL. Do not use space, long names or general names like test, otherwise it won't be approved.
- Hit 'Save Setting' button at the top.
- You will get a temporary portal alias until Vitrium approves it and send you a approval email.
Temporary Portal Alias
- Once Vitrium reviews your requested portal alias, you will receive either an approval email with a link to the URL for your users, or you will receive a rejection email and you will need to go back into your Portal Settings and enter a different alias name and save your settings again.
- Once your portal alias approved, it will appear in Active Portal Alias field and you can send the following URL to your users.
This is the name of your portal account which will appear at the top right-hand side of the user portal screen when users log in.
Allow User Sign Up
Select this option if you wish to have new people self-register or sign up as a ‘User’ with access to your portal. To learn more about user sign up check out User Portal Experience fro End-Users.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once a new user has been verified (via the email that’s sent to them), someone from your organization may need to assign them permission to content unless you have already assigned “All Active Users” with permission.
Allow Password Recovery
Select this option if you wish to allow users to reset or change their password.
Select your brand color for the portal. This color will appear in the top banner and Login button in your portal.
This is the color that will show when you hover over or click on certain buttons
Select your company logo. The logo should be transparent with an aspect ratio of 5:1 (width:height). You can upload a JPG or PNG file.
Select your favicon which is a small image that appears in the left hand side of a website tab. The favicon image should be 16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels, using either 8-bit or 24-bit colors.
Disable Downloading Document
Select this box if you don’t want your users to download the protected PDF version of your content. They will only be able to access the web version.
A sample of Portal login page: