Vitrium Security is an enterprise content security and digital rights management (DRM) software solution. Trusted by companies around the world, and accessed by over a million users, Vitrium Security limits the risk of your content being copied, leaked, shared, or stolen.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Vitrium Security is designed to protect content so the protected versions cannot be edited.
Microsoft Word (.doc / .docx)
Microsoft Excel (.xls / .xlsx)
Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt / .pptx)
Comma separated values (.csv)
Rich text or text files (.rtf, .txt)
OpenOffice files (.odt, .ods, .odp)
|JPG (.jpg / .jpeg)
GIF (.gif) - except animated GIFs
TIF (.tif / .tiff)
 To protect video formats, you will need to have video enabled on your account. All trial accounts will have video enabled. If you are an existing customer and you would like to try video, you will need to contact your Vitrium account manager as there may be an additional charge after a free trial period.
Secured File Formats
Vitrium converts your original file formats into two different secured output formats:
- A secure web link that can be opened in a web browser on any device
- A protected PDF file that can be opened with Adobe Reader or Acrobat on a PC or Mac desktop
Depending on which edition is selected, Vitrium has a variety of different options for you to choose from for distributing your secured content:
|Standard Edition||Professional Edition||Enterprise Edition|
Distribute secured content:
Same options as Standard Edition, plus:
Same options as Standard & Professional Edition, plus:
Logging In and Out of Vitrium
You will require Internet access on a Windows or Mac operating system.
- To LOG IN, open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer) and bookmark this URL:
- Enter your Username and Password, then click Log In
- To LOG OUT, click on the arrow beside your name at the top right corner of your screen and click LOGOUT
If you have forgotten your password:
- From the login screen, click ‘Forgot Password?’ and this window will open:
- Enter your Username and click the ‘Send Request’ button
- Check your email and click the password reset link in that email
- Type in your new password and again to confirm, then click ‘Set New Password’ to save your changes
- Log in with your new password