Vitrium Security offers two types of secured outputs: (1) a secure web link and (2) a protected PDF file (for document conversions only).
Secured PDF content (for documents and images only):
IMPORTANT NOTE: A secured PDF content can only be unlocked in Adobe Reader or Acrobat or FoxIt Reader in a desktop environment.
1. Download the secured PDF file provided to you by your publisher to your computer and ensure that it's downloaded properly (the file name should have 'protected' at the end)
Note that when you download a file from Google Chrome and click on the downloaded file, it will actually open the file within its built-in viewer which is not compatible with Vitrium secured PDF files.
To avoid this from happening:
- click on the arrow and select 'show in folder'
- Change the default for all PDFs by clicking on "Change All(For Windows Users): right-click on the secured PDF file and click on 'Properties'; in the window that pops up: If you see Adobe Reader or FoxIt Reader in the “Opens with” section, click cancel otherwise if you DO NOT see Adobe Reader, click “Change”, then find Adobe Reader or FoxIt Reader and click OK
(For Mac Users): right-click on the secured PDF file and click on 'Get Info'; in the window that pops up, click the arrow next to Open With and choose Adobe Reader; Change the default for all PDFs by clicking on "Change All"
2. Open the protected files using the latest version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat or FoxIt Reader(Windows).
3. Type in your login credentials
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unlike secured PDF file, you can access a secured web link in your smart phone tablet or a desktop browser.
1. Open the link provided to you by copying the URL and pasting it on to your browser
2. Ensure that you have the latest version of the browser
3. Type in you login credentials
To learn more watch the End User Experience video: